Covenant House Vancouver challenges business leaders to spend one night sleeping on the street so homeless youth don’t have to.
Donate now to show your support!
#T3K CEO, Rosemary Pulice has this message to share regarding her upcoming involvement, slated for November 21 (7:30pm to 6:00am):
Homelessness has many faces. It can look like a young person sleeping in a doorway or other times it might be someone asking you to spare some change. Often it shows itself as a shared glance from a broken soul. Regardless of how we are reminded of the need, a common feeling often resonates: what can I do to help make this better? Here is your chance to make a difference!CEO, Team 3000 Realty
I will be sleeping on the street for one night with other members of our community, with just a sleeping bag and a piece of cardboard, to show homeless youth that we care. But it is not about pretending to be homeless. It is about showing a group of young people that they are worthy of unconditional love and absolute respect, and proving that we care enough about them to be uncomfortable for one night; to be vulnerable so they can be safe.
Please click the link and support me as I “Sleep Out” with others to show homeless youth they are not alone.
Covenant House Vancouver exists for those young people for whom there is often no one else; young people aged 16 – 24 who have fled physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse, those who have been forced from their homes or those who have aged out of foster care. Covenant House relies on the generosity of over 55,000 individuals and organizations to provide shelter, food, clothing and counselling to over 1,100 youth each year.
Any amount, great or small, helps in the fight. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
- $10 – Provides a youth with three nutritious meals for one day.
- $50 – Provides drop-in access for one homeless youth to all services in the Drop-In Centre.
- $70 – Provides three nutritious meals for one youth in the Crisis Program every day for one week.
- $100 – Allows Outreach Workers to connect with one youth on the street and introduce them to Covenant House programs and services.
- $250 – Offers one youth 24-hour Crisis Care in the residential Crisis Program for one day.
- $500 – Provides drop-in access for 10 homeless youth to all services in the Drop-In Centre.
- $1,000 – Allows Outreach Workers to connect with 10 youth on the street.
The video below shares the impact from last years’ participants:
Visit our Season Of Giving page for details of more events #T3K is taking part in, in your area.